Website American Family Insurance
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R30042 Administrative Assistant (Hybrid) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$ 23.88 Hourly
Compensation Maximum:$ 37.03 Hourly
This person performs the administrative assistant functions for one of American Family Insurance Group’s Executives. Responsibilities include maintaining effective and confidential working relationship with the Executive and his/her staff in the normal performance of their duties. Works under a minimum amount of supervision. In the executive’s absence ensures that requests for action or information are handled in a timely and appropriate manner. The position requires a wide variety of executive administrative functions at a high level of performance, accuracy, dependability, confidentiality and a thorough knowledge of the organization, operation of the company, and office routine.
We will hire at the Senior level with the right qualifications.
Administrative Assistant Functions (30%)
- Creates and maintains a favorable company image requiring: professionalism, courtesy, tact, and the ability to get along well with others inside and outside the company. Establishes good working relationships with operations staff, regional and corporate personnel.
- Handles highly sensitive/confidential information and files and is responsible for maintaining and keeping the confidentiality regarding departmental and/or company activities.
- Screens and directs mail, telephone calls, voice mail messages, e-mails, and personal callers to the Executive or to proper personnel or other departments with emphasis on timeliness, discretion and good public relations.
- Prepares from dictation, rough draft or verbal instruction written information such as correspondence, speeches, reports, agendas, and minutes. Takes meeting minutes. Operates standard office machines such as transcribing machine, personal computer, fax, etc. Distributes information to appropriate parties.
- Maintains complete hard copy and electronic filing system for suspense file correspondence, minutes, reports, birthday/anniversary card file, staff personnel records, magazine/newspaper articles, major projects, etc., with easy accessibility by administrative assistant and the Executive.
- Maintains calendar of appointments and meetings assisting the Executive with managing the schedule. Important matters are brought to the Executive`s attention as reminders. Coordinates and makes travel arrangements.
Information & Communication Management (30%)
- Handles requests for information which requires a detailed knowledge of office and organizational functions and procedures. Answers routine and non-routine inquiries independently. Handles calls from irate policyholders, claimants, etc., and refers them to appropriate personnel.
- Handles correspondence associated with the division. This includes interpreting and becoming knowledgeable with terminology and strategies, keeping abreast of special projects, reports and miscellaneous materials associated with the division.
- Compiles and creates information for reports, manuals, and guides. Prepares graphs, charts, or tables to present materials. Researches information to verify accuracy. Types drafts and final copies of reports.
- Compiles daily, weekly, and /or monthly technical and financial reports, records, or other information related to the specific division this position supports. Completes various technical and financial special projects.
- Prepares materials for various meetings including divisional and intradepartmental meetings and ad hoc committees. Ensures that the information is current and verifies materials for accuracy. Assembles and distributes materials.
Relief for Immediate Supervisor (20%)
- Monitors and controls the daily flow of the Executive`s office in his/her absence.
- Uses initiative and judgment to ensure that matters requiring attention are appropriately prioritized and handled.
- Performs administrative secretarial responsibilities for other Executives in their administrative assistant’s absence. May act as a receptionist in an assigned area.
Special Projects / Assignments (15%)
- Makes arrangements for meetings, internal and external events, and conferences including coordinating event date/time for participants and negotiating/securing contracts for location, equipment, entertainment, refreshments, etc.
- Handles activities associated with the executive`s affiliation with external boards, industry and community associations and organizations including coordinating communication and preparing and distributing information.
- Handles projects associated with the Executive`s specific position and division including maintaining databases, conducting research, etc.
- Provides organizational and technical assistance to divisional directors and managers for projects and activities directed at accomplishing the division`s goals and objectives.
Financial Reports Management (5%)
- Prepares divisional/departmental budget for Executive approval and verifies quarterly deviations. Assists with salary planning.
- Pays bills using purchasing credit card or check requests, approves various vouchers. Verifies and tracks invoices.
- Inputs electronic travel expense reports and checks department travel reports against company policy; assesses cost effectiveness of various items.
This position is a hybrid role that involves working a minimum of 10 days per month in the office from the Madison headquarters. We know flexibility is important to our employees and their families, and we will continue to offer flexibility in this flex office/home role.
This approach will guide us in balancing the needs of the business, customers and our employees.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support, or service
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative support role.
- Demonstrated experience with various PC software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Acrobat, FrontPage).
Additional Job Information:
- Will hire at the Senior level with the right qualifications
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visa) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
To apply for this job please visit amfam.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.