Website Carroll University
- Provide an enthusiastic, motivated, professional example for students to follow
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Head Cheer Coach regarding team activities, funding, issues and injuries
- Attend practices and performances, i.e. football and basketball games
- Assist with the organization of practices (some duties may be delegated to team Captains when appropriate and safe)
- Address all team issues promptly and professionally utilizing the Head Cheer Coach when necessary
- Work with the Director of Campus Recreation and Head Cheer Coach in scheduling facilities for practices and competitions
- Assist with the enforcement of the policies and procedures of the team, including those regarding tardiness, missed practices and/or games, and sportsmanship
- Assist with tryouts to select new members of the Cheer team
- Promote a spirit of cooperation and friendship between the Cheer team and the Dance team
- Plan team-building, and morale-building activities for the squad
- Foster University and community interest in the program
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current with all trends in the Cheer industry
- The ability to enthusiastically and positively promote the University and its Intercollegiate Athletics and RecSports programs is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of students and an understanding of their overall educational goals as well of as the academic mission of the University
- Ability to conduct self in a productive, professional manner, and serve as a positive role model to students at all times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Possess the willingness and ability to support and advance the University mission
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position along with this electronic application.
Carroll University makes employment opportunities available to qualified individuals whose skills and experience make them suitable candidates for placement. Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff.
The employment opportunities list is updated periodically based on openings. Applications will be accepted only for vacancies currently listed. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.