Website American Family Insurance
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R30161 Claim Technical Consultant (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$90,200 Annual
Compensation Maximum:$144,500 Annual
At American Family Insurance Claims Services (AFICS, Inc.), we’re embarking on a transformation of our claims capabilities that will put customers at the center of what we do best – protecting and restoring their dreams when they need us most.
We’re leveraging our expertise, technology and new ways of working to actively reinvent one of America’s largest industries—creating positive impact that empowers our customers, communities, and company to thrive. We are problem solvers who ask critical questions and consistently tackle challenges big and small. Together, we disrupt what’s expected of insurance.
What is a day like as a Claims Technical Consultant:
Investigates and maintains property/casualty claims. Determines liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges appraisals, and settles claims. May work in the field or central location. The Claims Technical Consultant drives line of business results through file consultation with claim handlers and staff counsel as needed, on files with coverage questions, high risk litigation, high risk exposure claims including complex file handling as well as participating in quality audits and provides LOB performance improvement recommendations / implementation plans.
This is a remote (work from home) position. Will be responsible for handling claims primarily in Missouri and Illinois. Internal candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of location and will be considered based upon the needs of the role.
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects
- At least 8-10 years of Bodily Injury experience handling coverage and large loss exposures.
- Drive line of business performance using data to assess needs, opportunities, issues and trends
- Partners with data and analytics to review claim /policy data or hypothesis generated from Claims Data & Analytics (CDA) on loss trends or results as well as creates hypotheses based on observations within the industry, audit or file consultations for analysis with CDA. Helps provide the root cause analysis of loss results to stakeholders based on input from audit, industry trends, CDA, and file consultations.
- May oversee TPA claim operations programs and administer litigation matters.
- Provide consultative technical and authority guidance to file handlers, provide thought leadership on file risks and direction including jurisdictional, statutory, regulatory and technical expertise.
- Provide direct and or second level quality audits to ensure compliance with company objectives, guidelines, regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Identify and develop action plans to improve results through training and guidelines.
- Develop and deliver training as needed based on findings from data, file audits or guideline changes.
- May oversee TPA claim operations and programs.
- May oversee and administer Litigation Program
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver’s license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims.
- Extensive problem-solving skill.
- Demonstrated experience with Quality Audit.
- Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements coverages.
- 8-10 years of Bodily Injury experience handling coverage and large loss exposure
Additional Job Information:
The candidate(s) selected for this role will be employed by AFICS, Inc. (American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.), an affiliate of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
o Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
o Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
o Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visa) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
To apply for this job please visit amfam.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.