Website Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources
The Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources (GWAAR) is looking for a half-time (50% FTE), Communications Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting the agency with its internal and external communications, creating and managing marketing, educational and outreach materials. This position can be located anywhere in Wisconsin.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a closely related field is required. Candidates must also have proficiency in desktop publishing and website management. They must also be well-organized, demonstrate initiative, and be able to communicate accurately and effectively. For a full job description, go to www.gwaar.org and click on Employment Opportunities under the About page.
Send cover letter, resume, and samples (1 writing and 1 design/layout) to:
GWAAR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. GWAAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Executive Director
Position Status: This is a 50% time exempt staff position working standard business hours Monday through Friday, with some nights, weekends and overnights possible.
The Communications Coordinator will: (1) assist the agency with its internal and external communications and materials; (2) write, edit, design, and manage marketing and outreach materials.
Essential Job Functions:
In keeping with GWAAR’s strategic objectives and brand identity, the incumbent will:
1. Assist the agency in its overall internal and external communication efforts. Provide advice and communications support to internal audiences (e.g., participate on special project and subject area teams as needed) and external groups (as assigned) on communications strategy, messaging, appropriate platforms, and design.
2. Work with staff specialists to write, design, edit, and manage GWAAR communication materials including brochures, program ads, displays, issue briefs, presentations, flyers, newsletter and other materials as needed for print, web, and other mediums.
3. Manage GWAAR website including look and feel (aesthetic), navigation, and site content.
4. Develop GWAAR communications plan.
5. Write and issue press releases, media advisories, and letters to the editor to promote aging services and advocacy initiatives.
6. Support agency learning management software.
7. Coordinate the planning of virtual and in-person aging director’s meetings.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to John.email@example.com