Website City of Madison
This is responsible seasonal work independently locating, marking, and painting cross walks, stop bars, flat islands, and other related street markings throughout the City of Madison. Work is performed during night time hours when supervision is not immediately available. Assignments are provided by Leadworkers and performed independently or as part of a crew with limited supervision.
Hours: This position works nights from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., Sunday-Thursday. In the event of inclement weather no work may be available, work hours are not guaranteed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE CLOSING DATE, HOWEVER THE SELECTION PROCESS WILL BEGIN PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE BASED UPON THE NEEDS OF THE DEPARTMENT
To learn more about seasonal opportunities, please view this video.
The hourly wage consists of a base wage of $17.30 per hour plus a $2.50 per hour bonus.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Locate, set up, and paint on-street marking sites, such as crosswalks, stop bars, and other markings as directed.
- Operate a truck throughout the City as detailed on intersection maps and lists, while towing a trailer of necessary painting equipment.
- Operate paint machine and associated equipment.
- Set up and maintain on-street work safety zones.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions;
- Read painting plans and diagrams;
- Read, write, and communicate effectively;
- Establish and maintain effective working and public relationships;
- Work effectively without close supervision;
- Keep records of work performed and maintenance required;
- Make minor repairs to associated equipment;
- Operate a truck while towing a trailer;
- Work in traffic situations;
- Maintain adequate attendance.
Possession of a valid driver’s license by the time of interview.
*The payroll title for this position is Engineering Aide.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.