Website City of Madison
- General Description
This is responsible seasonal work independently locating, marking, and painting cross walks, stop bars, flat islands, and other related street markings throughout the City of Madison. Work is performed during night time hours when supervision is not immediately available. Assignments are provided by Leadworkers and performed independently or as part of a crew with limited supervision.
Duration: End of May through the end of August
Hours: This position works nights from 6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., Sunday-Thursday. In the event of inclement weather no work may be available, work hours are not guaranteed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE CLOSING DATE, HOWEVER THE SELECTION PROCESS WILL BEGIN PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE BASED UPON THE NEEDS OF THE DEPARTMENT
To learn more about seasonal opportunities, watch this video.
- Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Locate, set up, and paint street marking sites.
- Operate a truck while towing a trailer of necessary equipment throughout the City as detailed on intersection maps.
- Operate paint machine and associated equipment.
- Set up and maintain on-street work safety zones.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
All applicants will be considered for these positions.Depending on the number of applications, random selection may be used to determine who will proceed to the interview process.The City of Madison strives to provide exceptional customer service to all its residents and visitors. Therefore, successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to work effectively with multicultural communities, as well as the ability to:
- Read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions;
- Read painting plans and diagrams;
- Read, write, and communicate effectively;
- Establish and maintain effective working and public relationships;
- Work effectively without close supervision;
- Keep records of work performed and maintenance required;
- Make minor repairs to associated equipment;
- Maintain adequate attendance.
- Special Requirements
Possession of a valid driver’s license by the time of interview.
Physical Requirements:This position works in traffic situations in adverse weather conditions, and is responsible for operating a motor vehicle. Incumbents must be able to manually load, unload and maneuver a crosswalk machine weighing up to 400 lbs., lift five gallon pails of paint (75 lbs.) to a height of 36 inches on a regular basis, and perform associated manual labor.
In order to support the safety, health, and wellbeing of our employees and the public we serve, the City of Madison is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine or get tested for COVID-19 weekly, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Upon hire you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination in the form of your vaccination card or through immunization records.
*The payroll title for this position is Engineering Aide.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.