Website American Family Insurance
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R30807 Customer Service Representative (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$23.00 Hourly
Compensation Maximum:$29.20 Hourly
Job Family Summary Provides support to insureds and agencies, as well as internal and external business partners. Handles each interaction with a genuine desire to connect with the caller while adapting the support to the customer’s needs. Willingly takes ownership of each interaction while advocating for the customer. Continually develops (or evolves) knowledge and skills necessary to provide expected support. Understands and maintains key performance indicators while living our company values. Job Summary The Customer Service Representative I provide service through various direct/indirect customer contact channels. Representatives are responsible to resolve service issues in an unscripted customer care center environment with a focus on one call resolution. Accepts ownership of the interaction and provides a high caliber of service, assess customer needs and advises on policy coverage and options.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and skills developed through formal training or work experience.
- Identifies the problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations, assesses each using standard procedures, and makes sound decisions.
- Works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Responds to customer interactions regarding billing, policy coverage, and policy changes. Interactions may occur through various customer contact channels such as phone, email, e-form, chat, and/or social media platforms.
- Accepts ownership of requests and provides thorough service to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Empowered to take risks and make exception decisions. Reviews the situation to ensure decision is appropriate for both the customer and the organization.
- Asks probing questions and actively listens, showing interest and compassion to provide customers with a high-touch customer experience for all interactions and programs.
- Fosters strong relationships with customers to maintain a high level of client retention and product loyalty, educating and advising on current and future insurance needs.
- Communicates with business partners to collaboratively assist and support customers through multiple services and programs.
- Stays abreast and adheres to organization processes and procedures, assisting customers following federal and state regulations.
- Live the OneAmFam culture, collaborate cross-divisionally to achieve a seamless customer experience.
- Assists with peer development through information and knowledge sharing.
- Learn, embrace and apply the LEAN concepts in day to day work, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations for change
- Actively attends scheduled training class as required, as well as participates in development opportunities to further expand Customer Service skills.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematics (arithmetic, averaging, percentages, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment. (This includes face to face service or contact center; retail, insurance, hospitality, etc.).
- Ability to take the lead and guide our customers to resolution.
- Ability to advise and recommend additional insurance products and services.
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications.
- Ability to conduct basic computer/internet troubleshooting.
- Keyboarding/typing ability at 25 wpm.
- Must meet workspace and internet speed requirements.
- Must meet Virtual/Remote Employee requirements as outlined in the “Virtual/Remote Employee Agreement”.
Education & Licenses
- If unlicensed, provide proof of successful completion of the AD Banker On-Line Pre-Licensing Course for employee’s resident state prior to 8:00am CT the Wednesday before start date or the offer will be rescinded. Proof of successful completion is: 1. A score of at least 90% on the comprehensive exam for resident states having this exam in their coursework, and/or 2. The certificate(s) of completion for resident states requiring a pre-licensing course.
- Required to pass the resident state licensing exam(s) for property and casualty producer licenses within 30 days of hire.
- Property and casualty producer licenses for all operating and/or service states must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
- Must complete required continuing education credits to maintain resident state property and casualty producer licenses.
- Must maintain property and casualty producer licenses for all operating states and/or service states.
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Information:
Experience with care center, high call-volume experience and/or insurance experience is strongly desired but not required
The internet speeds required for this role are: 100+Mbps down /10+ Mbps up.
Due to state property and casualty licensing requirements, we are unable to consider applicants from: AK, AR, CA, FL, HI, KY, MA, MT, NJ, NM, NY, WV, and WY.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
To apply for this job please visit amfam.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.