Website Rutabaga Paddlesports
Rutabaga Outdoor Adventures (ROA) creates opportunities for all people to connect with nature, others and themselves through time on the water. The Director of Outdoor Adventures is responsible for developing, maintaining and expanding all aspects of ROA.
Job Title: Director of Rutabaga Outdoor Adventures
• Develop and implement program offerings both internally and in cooperation with the ACA and NOLS. Create related marketing and registration materials online and for print. Coordinate communication with participants before, during, and after each course. 30%
• Develop and implement ROA policies and procedures and risk management plan, including selection and management of gear and equipment in proper repair. 10%
• Oversee hiring, training and supervision of all on-water instructional staff and insure quality and consistency of instruction. 10%
• Oversee the development, implementation, staffing, and marketing of the annual Door County Sea Kayak Symposium. 15%
• Oversee hiring and administrative aspects of Olbrich Park Boat Rentals, working closely with seasonal staff and managers. 15%
• Increase participation and diversity of participants – including diversity in race, ethnicity, economic status, gender identity, and physical ability. 10%
• Assist with planning the annual Canoecopia event as needed. Attend and provide leadership the week of the show. 5%
• Other duties as assigned, including participation in overall business decision-making process. 5%
• Experience in program development and administration.
• Solid understanding of risk management in the field of outdoor education.
• Knowledge and understanding of the principles of experiential education, environmental education and outdoor education.
• Competency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experience in developing community partnerships and networking.
• Supervisory experience is preferred, but not required.
• Website management experience, including knowledge of html, is preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of equipment care and repair is preferred, but not required.
Salary & Benefits:
• $40,000; possibility of a bonus based on performance.
• Medical and dental insurance
• Competitive holiday, vacation and personal days
• Individual retirement savings plan available with contribution from Rutabaga
• Opportunity to purchase outdoor gear and clothing at wholesale prices, and receive or use other clothing & gear free
• Fun and flexible work environment and schedule
To apply for this job please visit www.rutabagashop.com.