Website United Ground Express
Successful applicants for employment with United Ground Express must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.*
Greeting our passengers with a smile
Are you passionate about customer service and travel? Would you love to help people get where they’re going? Are you a real problem-solver who can stay focused in any situation? Then a Customer Service Agent position at United Ground Express, a subsidiary of United Airlines, is right for you.
As part of the UGE Customer Service team, you’ll meet diverse people from all over the world at the ticket counter, gate, and more to provide a flyer friendly experience aboard every flight, every day!
Caring for Customers
- As a Customer Service Agent, you’ll make every interaction a positive one
- Whether helping with reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen along with an ability to make informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations
- Caring is job one regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. As a UGE Customer Service Agent, you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers might be having a bad day
You’ll be provided the tools you need on the Runway to Success!
- We provide paid training, including orientation and classroom, virtual, and on-the-job training
- When you’re ready, you can explore roles such as Lead Agent, Compliance Coordinator, Supervisor, General Manager and more
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends and holidays
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours and have more control over your schedule
- Punctuality and reliability are essential – we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
We reward your efforts
- $10.30 per the union contract
- Flight privileges: you and your family can fly anywhere in the world on stand-by across United Airlines’ amazing global network
- UA Discount Program for flights when you want to purchase a ticket
- Paid time off (PTO)
- And more
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to operate a computer to enter and retrieve data
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to pass a background check, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal) per local requirements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
*Applicants that cannot get vaccinated due to a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief may request an exemption as a reasonable accommodation.
UGE Customer Service
United States-WI-MKE – Milwaukee
United Ground Express
Oct 4, 2021, 6:35:47 AM
To apply for this job please visit ual-pro.taleo.net.