Website UW Health
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Help Desk Associate to:
- Provide technical support on roughly 500 clinical applications, including the Epic medical record system.
- Monitor and respond to UW Health Help Desk assigned incident and request tickets.
- Associate Degree in Healthcare, Information Technology, Business, or related field (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Healthcare, Information Technology, Business, or related field strongly preferred.
- Two (2) years of Help Desk/Desktop Support/Information Technology Systems related experience and/or coursework
- Experience working in a health care setting
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – Help Desk Institute (HDI) Support Center Analyst, ITIL Foundation certified
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Help Desk ticketing applications
- Knowledge of ITIL and Help Desk industry best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including the Windows operating system, Mac OS and Office applications
- Knowledge of PC and printing technology and hardware
- Knowledge of network technology and equipment
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology and equipment
- Knowledge of mobile device technology and equipment, including but not limited to, iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen empathetically
- Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with technical professionals as well as non-technical users
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to work independently and remain on task
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and work well with peers
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Ability to logically organize details
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
UW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, women, and LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities are strongly encouraged. EOE, including disability/vets.
This is a full-time, 1.0 FTE position that is scheduled to work Saturday, 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm; Tuesday – Friday, 11:30 am – 8:00 pm. Hours may vary based upon the operational needs of the department. Holidays are covered by asking for volunteers. This is a remote opportunity for those living in Wisconsin.
UW Health Administrative Facilities – UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.
To apply for this job please visit eimy.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.