Website Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
Join our team who is committed to the delivery of the highest quality health care service. We are seeking a full-time HIV Project Specialist that is self-motivated, energetic, and a take charge individual.
- Complete required trainings including Counseling, Testing and Referrals (CTR) for HIV, HCV and STIs, and others to meet special projects’ requirements.
- Conduct CTR for HIV, HCV and STI facilitate prevention and other individual or group intervention sessions following the project’s protocol.
- Uphold strict practices of confidentiality.
- Complete activities for persons at high risk for HIV for initial or follow-up testing
- Within at Sixteenth Street or in the community.
- Identify groups, community venues, or settings to access target populations, recruit participants, contact, engage and schedule them to participate in project activities.
- Conduct encounters with individuals of diverse backgrounds who may be at risk for HIV infection. These encounters may be face to face in office or at locations that are convenient to participants as needed and following confidentiality and safety protocols. Encounters may also occur over the phone or using other forms of communication such as text messaging or virtual-meeting platforms.
- Conduct project activities with participants according to protocol. These activities include but are not limited to screenings to determine eligibility for project, completion of informed consents, release of information forms, computer-assisted assessments, surveys, structured interviews, qualitative interviews, field observations and intervention sessions. Other related activities may include assistance with the translation of documents, transcription of interviews in English and Spanish.
- Provide participants with educational and counseling and/or other risk-reduction activities following the project and CTR protocols.
- Refer and assist participants who identify needs related to Social Determinants of Health to access resources at Sixteenth Street or in the community to meet such needs.
- Collect, code, and maintain project documentation and records, including confidential information such as participant data and locator information and other daily study activities such as testing and incentive logs, and referral tracking.
- Enter data in appropriate platforms according to project protocol like Evaluation Web, Sixteenth Street’s EMR, etc.
- Foster and maintain professional working relations with representatives of the community as well as with current and former project participants.
- Participate in Prevention Team meetings, training sessions, and project planning sessions, as well as in general department meetings and others with community partners as needed or indicated by supervisor.
- Periodically report on progress and challenges and assist with the resolution of barriers to the project’s progress as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of project official reports.
- Position requires travel to/from sites where project may be conducted. This may include local and out-of-state travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years’ experience in community, healthcare, or social service settings working with diverse populations or outreach is helpful.
- Previous HIV testing or HIV outreach experience desired.
- Preferred experience working with a bilingual, multicultural population including people of color and LGBT communities.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Must be able to work diverse schedules based on project needs.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license, use of an automobile, and current auto insurance are required.
No Phone Calls Please. Qualified applicants may send resume to Sue Raymond, Vice President of Human Resources, Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers, 1337 S. 16th St., Milwaukee, WI 53204 or fax to 414-672-0413. Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Employment Term and Type
Regular, Full Time
Hours per Week
Work Hours (i.e. shift)
High School or Equivalent
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.