Website Short Stack Eatery
*No previous experience necessary — we are willing to teach from the bottom up and hire on positive attitude and willingness to learn
*All current applicants must have availability throughout the summer.
- Positive, upbeat attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to navigate a high-stress, high-intensity environment and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to lift 30 lbs and be on one’s feet for long periods of time
- Adherence to COVID guidelines (ex. wearing a mask for duration of shift, etc.)
- Job requirements/description subject to change based on CDC recommended COVID guidelines
- Minimum 3 shifts/week (~15-20 hrs/week) including weekend availability
All Front of House team members can be expected to learn and perform the following tasks:
- Food and drink running
- Taking orders and operating POS/cash register*
- Bussing tables*, engaging with customers, and providing a genuine and fun customer experience
- Basic kitchen and bartending skills (if 18+) — e.g. chopping vegetables, assembling ingredients for our house-made Bloody Mary mix, and preparing drinks/cocktails according to restaurant recipes.
- Setting up, stocking, and cleaning as needed to support a clean and enjoyable restaurant atmosphere.
Professional Development Opportunities:
- Experience working in restaurant industry and acquiring skills specific to front of house (customer engagement, serving, bartending, etc.)
- Contributing to peer development, acquiring communication skills to manage fellow team-members and work as a cohesive group.
- Opportunities for creative input and community engagement (suggesting new ideas for our weekly craft cocktails, supporting engagement with local nonprofits, etc.)
Pay rate: $13/hour + tips
Short Stack is now open the following hours:
*Because of our hours, schedule flexibility/willingness to work a variety of shifts is preferred. We are currently hiring for all shifts from Wednesdays through Sunday. On Wednesdays, the restaurant itself is closed however there are morning and afternoon shifts available for prep & set-up.
*Hours & days of operation are subject to change as COVID protocols continue to evolve.
At Short Stack, we hire hustlers. We hire people who solve problems on their feet, who work well in teams, and think differently.
Our interview won’t be your typical job interview. We don’t care where you went to college, where you’re from, or where you live. We want to know what you’re most proud of. How you handle conflict. Whether you own up to your own mistakes. What environments you thrive in. If you can move your ass at 3 a.m. when there’s a line of customers out the door.
You own your story. We don’t care if you have a criminal record. If it doesn’t affect your ability to do your job, it’s none of our business. You have agency over your own story.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please apply by filling out our Online Application below. Or if you prefer, pick up an application in person at 301 W. Johnson Street, Madison, WI 53703. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job please visit shortstackeats.com.