We are a diverse and close-knit team who strives to provide the best culinary experience for employees and guests, whether they’re grabbing lunch at one of our 4 cafes or visiting campus for a meeting. We believe in using quality ingredients to make quality food, and we work with local farmers and use produce from our onsite garden to develop our menus. We like to work hard and have fun – and we need you!
As a Line Cook, you are a vital part of our culinary operations. You get the opportunity to work with variety of unique products and ingredients that focus on seasonally and locally available items, many of which are grown onsite. You plan, prep, and execute dishes in a fun and fast-paced environment. You bring your diverse viewpoint to the team so we can respectfully celebrate different cultures and cuisines and ensure a variety of options for staff and guests. You share your skills with other cooks and chefs in the kitchen and you enjoy learning from your teammates, as well. You communicate with other colleagues in the kitchen for needs based on timing and readiness. You interact with customers and make sure they have the best service possible. No more nites/weekends – you will be working daytime hours, Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 3:30pm, with the ability to work with onsite culinary garden produce!
Promega has amazing benefits including free onsite 24/7 gym access, onsite hiking trails with foraging, an onsite wellness center and much much more!
You have worked in a professional kitchen for at least 3 years, preferably on a line or in a banquet setting. You have had training in food service safety and sanitation. ServSafe certification is not required but is preferred.
Key qualities we are looking for in a Line Cook: flexibility, efficiency, attention to detail, great interpersonal relationship and communication skills, organizationally focused, and serious knife skills.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain quality food, presentation and cleanliness within the framework of Promega Corporation policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for all prep work related to station. Food prep may include proficient knife skills, demonstrating good heat transfer techniques, butchery and sauce making.
2. Ensure product is set up, stocked and ready for start of service. Product is rotated based on freshness, quality and use by dates.
3. Communicate effectively with other members of the team about needs and/or assistance.
4. Maintain constant quality control according to Promega Cafeteria standards. Successfully execute Promega Cafeteria standardized recipes.
5. Assist with customer interaction, including order taking.
6. Assist catering team with preparation and execution of events.
7. Work evenings and weekends to cover corporate events as needed.
8. Provide coverage and work all positions within the cafeteria as needed.
9. Demonstrates inclusion through their own words and actions and is accountable for a safe workspace. Acts with kindness, curiosity and respect for others.
10. Embracing and being open to incorporating Promega’s 6 Emotional & Social Intelligence (ESI) core principles in daily work.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. High School diploma or proven work experience that ensures you are ready to be successful in this role.
2. Strong numerical aptitude.
3. Good reading and comprehension skills.
4. Good hand dexterity to operation restaurant equipment.
5. Strong positive interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members effectively.
6. Working knowledge of restaurant/cafeteria and catering job position.
7. Maintains appearance according to Promega and professional standards.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent education with culinary training.
2. Working knowledge of existing catering services in the community.
1. Ability to move up to 50 pounds.
2. Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit careers.promega.com.