Website VISIT Milwaukee
The meetings & conventions marketing manager is responsible for the management and implementation of marketing projects that support positioning Milwaukee as a meetings, conventions, and events destination. This includes traditional and digital ad campaigns, media placement, printed marketing collateral, and more. The role is responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities of the marketing, production of marketing initiatives, collaborating with key department staff and third-party partners and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee management of meetings and conventions campaigns. Primary contact working with agency of record on campaign strategy, media buy, and production. Schedule meetings with key stakeholders for reviews and approvals. Consolidate feedback and provide to agency in efficient way.
• Work directly with advertising agency of record on developing campaign elements, including project management, review phases, and approvals of multiple-facet campaigns.
• Track advertising placements for meetings and convention campaign on media calendar. Work with agency to oversee media buy and ensure creative, advertorials, and more are submitted by deadline.
• Schedule regular review meetings with agency to share how the campaign is progressing with key stakeholders. Report out on a monthly basis or following a large campaign initiative (tradeshow sponsorship, email deployments, etc.).
Convention Marketing Support:
• Stay apprised of industry research and what trends are happening in the meetings market. Conduct regular audits of peer cities and how they are positioning their destinations to meeting planners and event organizers. Share learnings with extended team and use to drive strategic plans and marketing projects to position Milwaukee as a top meeting destination.
• Project management and execution of projects requested by sales department, event experience department, and Sports Milwaukee). Maintain project tracker and creative briefs for project requests. Conduct meetings to gather information at project kickoff, oversee project plans and timelines, and ensure work is completed by deadline.
• Ensure that content is updated and relevant and preform basic website development for both VISITMilwaukee.org/meetings and VISITMilwaukee.org/sportsmilwaukee.
• Oversee content strategy for the website and take the lead on writing new website content and making changes to existing content directly in the CMS. Meet regularly with other departments (sales, event experience, Sports Milwaukee) to ensure that the website is up to date with the key messages and department service offerings.
• Create and deploy all email communications that target meeting planners, sports event organizers, hotel partners, and the sale’s department vertical market segments. Oversee quarterly email communications calendar and work with internal departments regarding content strategy. Write email communications and oversee internal review and approval process. Providing reporting on emails deployments sharing insights and engagement.
• Work closely with the communications manager who oversees media relations and communications strategy specific to meeting planners and conventions hosted in Milwaukee. Collaborate on projects to ensure utilizing both marketing and communications expertise to strengthen Milwaukee’s position as a meetings and events destination.
• Work with sales and event experience teams to identify annual tradeshow and pre-promote schedule. Work closely with agency of record on sponsorship opportunities to support tradeshows as part of the advertising campaign. Develop a plan for each tradeshow booth and provide marketing support of any in-person experiences and/or activations.
• Create and maintain a binder and electronic files to capture all of VISIT Milwaukee’s work to marketing and promote meetings, conventions, and sports events in order to collect sample creative work and backup materials for historic record keeping.
Wisconsin Center District (WCD) Support:
• Primary contact for WCD coordinating incoming requests for marketing and communications support. Track all project requests from WCD team, and work with internal VISIT Milwaukee team (design, communications, and digital) to fulfil on requests.
• Under the direction of the chief marketing officer, oversee implementation of the convention expansion marketing plan and day-to-day needs of projects supporting the 2024 building opening.
• Give presentations on behalf of the marketing department
• Provide overall project management support and oversight, overseeing assigned cross-departmental projects and company initiatives
• Represent VISIT Milwaukee in the community by helping to staff VISIT Milwaukee sponsorship tables, booths activations at festivals and events, and more.
• Attend meetings, conferences and tradeshows as needed. May require long-distance travel.
• Assist with other projects as assigned.
Required education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with an emphasis in marketing, advertising, communications or a related field, or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum five to eight years of demonstrated experience in marketing development and management required.
• Past work experience within an advertising agency or marketing department required; tourism and hospitality industry experience a plus.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
• Demonstrated experience in marketing, advertising, and reporting results required.
• Must possess demonstrated experience in written communications skills, including copywriting and editing.
• Understanding of SEO principles as they relate to content creation best practices, website structure and inbound marketing.
• Experience working with digital media disciplines (Display, Mobile, Video).
• Working knowledge of PPC/SEM strategy, optimization, and management principles.
• Demonstrated understanding of digital strategy and marketing and branding concepts.
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills required.
• Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusivity in the workplace.
• Ability to interact with diverse audiences and communities.
• Strong project management experience with the ability to manage, organize, coordinate and prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely fashion.
• Possess a strong attention to detail, ability to foresee needs and resolve obstacles.
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills and the ability to convey information in a positive manner.
• Motivated self-starter that can work independently, on a team, and cross departmentally.
• A strong desire for accuracy, a concern for detail, and an exceptional amount of self-motivation and work ethic.
• Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe solutions; sound understanding of Internet technologies with a proficiency in the use of web, email, and FTP clients. Experience and familiarity with graphic design programs a plus.
• Passion for utilizing technology and business systems to improve processes and increase work efficiency.
• Ability and desire to stay current on technology tools and trends.
• Must have a working knowledge of internet/intranet systems, web and email practices.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends. Travel in personal automobile, airplane, and train will be required for company business.
• Ability to sit at desk, operate computer keyboard and view computer screen for six to eight hours per day.
• Must be able to hear and converse via telephone and in person.
• May be required to lift boxes and small equipment up to 50 pounds in weight.
• Travel in personal automobile may be required for business; occasional air or train travel may be required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply including resume, cover letter, and desired salary.
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to contact all applicants. If you do not hear from us further, someone more qualified was contacted for the position.
VISIT Milwaukee is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.