Website Children's Theater of Madison
The Patron Services Manager will oversee all patron interactions for Children’s Theater of Madison, a TYA (Theater for Young Audiences) non-profit organization. This position leads the management of the Front of House (FOH), box office, and volunteer staff. It also supports the vision of the operations and artistic teams by providing a positive and welcoming environment and leads with equity to ensure all audiences experience the joy of theater.
The Patron Services Manager will work closely with the Operations Director to implement strategic patron service initiatives such as recruiting and training volunteers for CTM events, manage the schedules of ushers and box office staff, and coordinate with the Education Manager to provide front of house operations for all school shows.
This full-time position requires some evening and weekend shifts and will be located at CTM’s home at the new Madison Youth Arts Center (MYArts).
EQUITY AND ANTI-RACISM WORK
Every CTM employee is engaged in our mission of ongoing equity and anti-racism work. To truly serve all patrons, it is required that the Patron Services Manager engages with equity work at CTM and applies that learning to all Patron Services initiatives.
CTM INCLUSION STATEMENT
For a full description of our organization’s Inclusion Statement, click https://ctmtheater.org/equity-diversity-inclusion-committee
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
● Experience leading a team in a customer service environment with an energetic and positive communication style as demonstrated through past or current professional/volunteer experience. Ticketing experience a plus, but not required
● Experience working with a diverse group of people and ability to cultivate inclusive relationships through clear and courteous communication methods
● Embraces technology; fully capable of working in and troubleshooting across multiple software and hardware systems; ticketing CRM experience a plus
● Has a great aptitude for problem-solving
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To read full job description click https://ctmtheater.org/get-involved/work-with-us
BOX OFFICE/FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGEMENT
● Lead Patron Services team and front of house management of all ticketed events (Public shows, events, and school matinees)
● Work with Operations Director to maintain technical management of ticketing software (Tessitura), ticket policies, analytics, and seasonal ticket sale programs
● Work with Leadership Team to design and implement a Front of House process that centers around a positive and inclusive patron experience
● Work with CTM staff to create, implement, and oversee volunteer program
● Build schedules of volunteer projects throughout the organization
● Schedule, train and communicate with volunteers about shifts and coverage, as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
● Variable work schedule, including some evenings and weekends (especially during run of events). This role will have on-site work requirements, but work-from-home options are available. Work sites include Madison Youth Arts Center (MYArts) and Overture Center; drivers license preferred
● All staff are required to be fully vaccinated; CTM follows the current Dane County mask mandate and Covid-19 protocols
● Physical accommodations are possible for applicants with limited mobility if unable to lift or push up to 35lbs
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, salaried position, $36,000-$41,000 annually. Full-time benefits include employer-paid medical and dental insurance, retirement saving options, paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal leave.
Please submit your resume and a written or recorded statement to Amy Montoya at [email protected] In your statement, please speak to what excites you about taking on this role, as well as how you incorporate equity, diversity, and inclusion. Include how those values will support this role and the ways your experience can contribute to the team.
To apply for this job please visit ctmtheater.org.