Website City of Lodi
General Statement of Job
The statements included in the Position Description reflect, in general, the duties and responsibility of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Under general supervision, a Pool Attendant assists the Aquatic Manager, Assistant Aquatic Manager, and Lifeguards in providing pool patrons with a safe and enjoyable swimming experience. The Pool Attendant will also maintain a clean bathhouse, locker area, pool deck, office, and any other duties as assigned.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforces and follows all pool rules and regulations at all times
- Informs pool patrons of pool rules
- Reports pool patrons who show unruly, argumentative, profane, or other negative attitude and behaviors
- Assists with daily opening and closing procedures
- Accounts for pool patrons admitted within the pool area
- Assists as needed in clearing out pool patrons from the pool area
- Keeps window and office area neat and clean
- Cleans and sanitizes shower area, locker area, and restrooms at regular intervals
- Washes and disinfects the locker room floors, checks to make sure all toilets are flushed, and garbage is picked up
- Pleasant and courteous to pool patrons at all times
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of service
- Experiences regular contact with other employees at the pool and with the public
- Reports to the supervisor when he/she finds supplies that need to be restocked
- Dresses in a manner befitting duties and responsibilities
Acceptable Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to follow oral instructions to establish and maintain effective cooperative working relationships with other employees
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Ability to read, understand, and effectively carry out written and oral instructions and directions
- Good public relations skills decision-making skills
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Work permit if under 16 years of age
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to focus on tasks and to perform routine, repetitive tasks without losing concentration or becoming distracted by external activities.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position and read/prepare written/typed documents and text materials.
- Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to occasionally, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
STATEMENT OF WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of time is spent outside, in all types of weather. Work is sometimes strenuous and may be stressful.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.