Website Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
Join our team who is committed to the delivery of the highest quality health care service. We are seeking a full-time Public Relations Director that is self-motivated, energetic, and a take charge individual.
- Ability to act as a spokesperson for Sixteenth Street, ideally in both Spanish and English.
- Advocate on behalf of Sixteenth Street on issues related to health care, poverty, and other programming related to the work of the organization.
- Prepare and distribute press releases in coordination with marketing.
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties, track media coverage and follow industry trends. Prepare and submit PR reports.
- Raise community awareness of the programs, services, and value of Sixteenth Street.
- Coordinate and manage interviews, speaking engagements, press conferences, and press coverage.
- Develop a plan and lead crisis communications. Develop and implement strategies that will maintain and develop a positive image of the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, state, and federal elected officials, their staffs and state and local governmental bodies to effectively channel the goals and program needs of the Sixteenth Street.
- Monitor local, state, and national political landscape. Evaluate opportunities for advocacy and collaboration.
- Assure compliance with state and local ethics/lobby law and campaign finance regulations.
- Represent the agency as a participant or advisor in developing and presenting testimony or public policy statements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives, the media, potential partners of business, healthcare and community organizations in Milwaukee and Waukesha.
- Cultivate relationships with potential strategic partners and work with VP of Advancement and President and CEO (as necessary) to develop strategies to grow and/or leverage current partnerships.
- Supervise the Marketing Director and Director of Community Engagement & Outreach.
- Prepare and/or distribute awareness, education, and outreach materials.
- Carry out duties in both Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or public relations. Nonprofit experience a plus.
- Three to five years of direct experience in public relations, government relations and/or community relations. Media experience a plus.
- Extensive experience writing, pitching, and communicating with media.
- Ability to relate well to people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Spanish language skills/proficiency a plus.
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to work with others, and good professional judgment.
- Ability to coach organizational representatives to communicate effectively with the media.
- Ability to work independently and organize time effectively.
- Ability to quickly build trust and influence with leaders and collaborators at all levels.
- Natural storyteller with excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills. Able to easily distill messages into believable, actionable content.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks while working as part of a team.
- Experience in managing staff, supervising, and assigning individual responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
No Phone Calls Please. Qualified applicants may send resume to Sue Raymond, Vice President of Human Resources, Sixteenth Street Community Health Center, 1337 S. 16th St., Milwaukee, WI 53204 or fax to 414-672-0413.Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.localjobnetwork.com.