Website Group Health Cooperative
.50FTE / 20 hours a week
The Reception Team Staff – Clinic position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support activities including answering the telephone (serving as back up to nurse and practitioner phone lines), directing and checking in of patients and other customers properly, scheduling appointments, answering general questions, collecting fees, and organizing the desk. The incumbent works under the general supervision and review of the Reception Team Leader. The incumbent knows and abides by all Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude. Our Mission Statement: To provide accessible, comprehensive, high quality healthcare and outstanding service in an efficient and personalized manner on a prepaid basis to persons in the GHC-SCW service area. Our Vision: To be a leader among HMO’s in providing high-quality medical care, impeccable service and competitive benefit levels and premium rates. Our Common Values: • Patient Centered: When health insurers and health care providers are brought together under one roof, we are better together. Our care team model focuses on supporting the needs of our patients/members and providing the best in safe, high quality coordinated health care. Members and their providers participate in making meaningful decisions that lead to better outcomes.
• Quality Driven: When members and their providers each participate meaningfully in the decisions that lead to better health care, we are better together. GHC-SCW continues its tradition of providing proactive health promotion and disease management outreach to our members to consistently achieve high quality health care accreditation.
• Innovation: When we work to lift each other up, show appreciation and collaborate in the best interests of the member, we are better together. GHC-SCW has made innovative advancements which include the implementation of an electronic medical records system (EMR) and GHC-SCW MyChartSM, access to innovative Complementary Medicine benefits and Wellness reimbursement services.
• Community Involved: When we join with our community to further the causes for which we share a common concern, we are better together. We are proud to promote programs that strengthen lives, and make our community a safer, stronger and healthier place to live and grow. GHC-SCW employees share their time and talent; and we recognize that the value of what we give is also what we gain – for our employees, our members and our community.
• Not for Profit Cooperative: When we share a common purpose, a common voice and a common vision, we are better together. We use our surpluses to improve clinics, enhance health care benefits and give back to the community. Our members, not our profits, are our priority. We have a unique “cooperative” governance structure which works directly for our members. GHC-SCW is committed to fostering a caring and compassionate environment while ensuring that individual differences are valued. GHC-SCW is a quality driven cooperative built on collaboration, community involvement, innovation, and belonging. It is essential that all employees, members, and patients feel secure and welcome, that the opinions and contributions of all individuals are respected and that all voices are heard. We believe: Healthcare is a human right. In treating all people with dignity and respect. There is strength in diversity. Equity celebrates our humanity. We are better together.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. Minimum six (6) months work experience in a setting that requires customer service skills required. Work experience in a Medical Reception setting preferred. Relevant training may be substituted for work experience. Previous experience using the telephone in a service capacity preferred. Experience with medical terminology preferred. 3. Ability to pass Competency Test in primary reception area and Telephone Communication skills checks within a reasonable time period (approximately 3 – 6 months).
4. Excellent organizational skills required.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
6. Excellent customer service skills required. Ability to work with a diverse patient population.
7. Ability to work harmoniously and cooperatively with all personnel and the public required.
8. Ability to act in a professional manner when dealing with practitioner staff, personnel of other departments, fellow employees and the general public required.
9. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
10. Knowledge of and ability to use email.
11. Ability to use and/or learn on-line systems such as electronic medical record and appointment scheduling.
12. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks appropriately in rapid succession required.
13. Ability to be flexible in daily assignments.
14. Ability to take and relay messages accurately and in a timely manner, including the ability to spell correctly required.
15. Ability to use a keyboard for much of the shift required.
16. Ability to sit or stand for up to 3 hours at a time and frequently stand up and down from desk chair required.
17. Ability to frequently bend and reach from both a standing and sitting position required.
18. Ability to speak and listen in person and on the telephone.
To apply for this job please visit us60.dayforcehcm.com.