Website Oakwood Village
Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join one of our beautiful locations, University Woods (west side Madison) or Prairie Ridge (east side Madison) senior living community facility team as a Resident Assistant. Our Resident Assistants are responsible for personal care of the residents, care of the resident environment special treatments and procedures, reporting, and recording information.
This position has multiple shifts available and the flexibility to make your own schedule! Why Work at Oakwood?
We have a new and improved competitive wage scale for the Resident Assistant position at Oakwood!
403B Retirement Plan (Improved matching plan!)
Paid Time Off for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered for staff working 37.5 or more hours every two weeks
Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
C.N.A Exam/Training Opportunities
The Resident Assistant I position is responsible for the provision of direct care to the residents of Oakwood Village.
The position is responsible to the Program Director/RN Supervisor in RCAC.
1. Provides assistance to the residents as needed, with activities of daily living. This includes: bathing, dressing grooming, personal laundry, management of incontinence, housekeeping, and dining services.
2. Provides health services to residents that meet their physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs and preferences. Based on care provided in each program, physical needs may include completion of one or two person transfers, use of mechanical lifting devices, feeding, etc.
3. Following completion of medication and other training is responsible for the distribution of medications and performance of prescribed treatments under the supervision of a licensed nurse and according to state regulation. Completes medication error forms as required.
4. Responds to emergencies providing first aid treatment per training and notifying emergency personnel, physicians, families and the program lead worker or campus nurse on duty, the RN Supervisor/Health Coordinator, Program Director or Administrator on Call as appropriate to the situation. Completes incident report forms as appropriate.
5. Periodically reviews documentation of vital signs and monitors for significant changes in the resident’s condition or behavior, records this information in the resident record and reports these
changes to the Health Coordinator/RN Supervisor or Program Director.
6. Responsible for assisting and encouraging residents to be as independent as possible in the activities of their daily living.
7. Assists in providing and performing activities to small and large groups of residents as assigned including informing residents of activity schedule and encouraging attendance.
8. Responsible for assisting residents with meal service as appropriate to program. This may include serving and assisting in preparation of all snacks and meals, obtaining meal trays, and assisting residents in the dining area.
9. Assist in transporting residents as needed within the Oakwood campus, and in arranging for medical appointments and transportation when needed. Monitor appointment schedule and remind residents.
10. Responsible for continuously updating self and reviewing communications such as: resident charts, 24-hour report sheet, check lists and notes to staff in communication book, etc.
11. Responsible for attending staff development sessions related to development and growth for the position. Responsible for attending scheduled staff meetings.
12. Responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness in all areas, including the resident’s rooms while respecting residents rights regarding personal items and common areas. This will include vacuuming and dusting, cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, spas, sweeping, mopping and washing dishes and laundry per program guidelines.
13. Performs pet care and maintenance tasks in applicable programs. Pet care includes maintaining clean litter boxes (per facility-specific cleaning schedule), feeding and watering pets, trimming claws, brushing pets, etc.
14. Be available to support residents on a one-to-one basis when needed.
15. Responsible to ensure all needs are met and tasks are completed before the end of shift.
16. Assists other departments when needed.
17. Performs other similar duties as assigned.
1. Participates in developing and implementing resident’s individual service plan as assigned.
2. Provides tours of facility as requested by Administration.
3. Available for on-call hours.
1. Commitment to quality services for the elderly.
2. Good communication and human relations skills.
3. Ability to organize, prioritize and be accurate in a variety of duties.
4. Ability to learn and apply the principles and methods of providing services to older adults.
5. Ability to detect symptoms of change in mental/physical conditions of the residents.
6. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
7. Ability to create and maintain a helpful, understanding, empathetic atmosphere for the residents.
8. Ability to work in a partnership environment which fosters effective teamwork in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
9. Ability to handle confidential information.
10. Willingness to accept weekend and/or holiday work schedule.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND/OR TRAINING
1. Completion of required CBRF and Oakwood training within time frames dictated by state regulation and Oakwood policy.
2. Prior experience in working with elderly in an assisted living environment is desired.
3. High school education or equivalency desired.
4. Minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.