Website Oakwood Village
Oakwood Village has an exciting opportunity for qualified candidates to join our University Woods (West Side of Madison) senior living community facility team as a Social Worker. The Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of quality social work services for the residents of Oakwood. Through a committed team effort, is responsible for providing residents and their families with caring and individualized support, resident advocacy, utilization of community services, as well as assistance with transitions in the continuum. This position is accountable to the Social Services Director.
The Social Worker position is Full Time (80hrs every two weeks) AM shift from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Why Work at Oakwood? -403B Retirement Plan -Paid Time Off -Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance offered. -Continuing Education/Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job Responsibilities of a Social Worker (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
– Fully embraces a culture of hospitality and teamwork by living the Oakwood Core Values:
a. Compassion: We care deeply about the people we serve and the people we work with on a daily basis. We work together to help one another.
b. Faith: We have a commitment to remain true to the vision and mission of Oakwood.
c. Inclusion: We include everyone. We welcome opinions and strive to consider different perspectives to create fair, welcoming, and accessible experiences for all.
d. Integrity: We work to be transparent and fair. We act with honor and respect for our residents, their families, and our co-workers.
e. Dedication: We care about the people we serve and work with on a daily basis. We are dedicated to providing superior service to one another and our community.
– Assists the Admissions team with the pre-admission and admission process.
– Through the multi-disciplinary team process, provides psycho-social and/or cognitive assessments as an evaluation for program residents when needs are identified by resident, family, staff or physician. Participates in the ISP (Individual Service Plan) of CBRF residents.
– Coordinates discharge planning and intercampus transfer process for residents within the CBRF.
– Provides support for residents and their families relative to personal needs, social relationships and individual concerns. – Functions as liaison between staff, resident, and responsible parties.
– Serves as resident advocate in following through with individual/family complaints and concerns, ensuring customer satisfaction.
– Works with the Oakwood team to enhance resident, family, and community efforts to improve the quality of life for all residents.
– Works with the other social work staff to improve quality of services provided campus-wide.
– May assist in development of social work policies and procedures for the Assisted Living program, and works with intercampus Social Work Department to develop campus-wide social work policies and procedures.
– Maintains concise and accurate resident documentation including social histories, assessments, and annual reviews for CBRF Residents. – Assists RN or Health Services administrator in ensuring all state and federal regulations related to abuse or misappropriation are adhered to.
– Assists residents with the completion of Advance Directives.
– Coordinates specific resident needs with available community resources as appropriate.
– Offers grief and loss support individually and/or in groups.
– Welcomes new residents and coordinates their orientation to the CBRF along with Marketing Department
– Performs other duties as needed to assure the mission of Oakwood is fulfilled.
Requirements Job Qualifications required of a Social Worker (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
– Knowledge of HFS-83 and standard social work practice.
– Ability to provide leadership which fosters a team approach in meeting the mission of Oakwood.
– Ability to relate well to residents and families
– Ability to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the community.
– Ability to maintain and protect the confidentiality of information.
– Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions.
– Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work schedule.
– Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Objectivity in working with needs and concerns of residents and families as well as ability to follow through to resolve issues.
– Ability to be flexible with hours in order to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
– Computer competency. Job Experience/Training required of a Social Worker (Not intended to be an all-inclusive list)
– Wisconsin Social Work certification.
– At least one year of experience working in the health care industry required. Experience working in a Community Based Residential Facility with geriatric population desirable.
– Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or related human service field.
– Experience with Medicare/Medicaid/Family care
– Experience working with community service organizations desirable.
1 year: Experience working in the health care industry required
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.