Website Northwester Mutual
AT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL, WE ARE STRONG, INNOVATIVE AND GROWING. WE INVEST IN OUR PEOPLE. WE CARE AND MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE.
At Northwestern Mutual, we strongly believe in internal growth and career
development. We’re so excited that you are interested in growing your career
We need an application developer who is passionate about writing code
that meets business needs. We are looking for a proficient Java developer who wants to learn front-end frameworks and become a well-rounded engineer. You will be working with a group of engineers within NM’s Service Request Center(SRC) building high-quality applications used to help our clients service their products.
To support our growing team, we are seeking a hardworking Java engineer with aspirations in becoming a Full Stack engineer.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Expertise with Java, JEE and Java frameworks (Spring boot, Gradle)
- Strong understanding of REST API principles and best practices
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Understanding of Microservices and/or Service-Oriented Architecture
- Experience with enterprise databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, or MySQL)
- Proficiency with Git
YOU’RE THE RIGHT FIT IF YOU’RE:
- A great teammate
- Willing to step up to understand the business domain
- Experienced in mentoring new team members
- Great and communicating with the business
- An efficient problem solver
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL:
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Commitment to Innovation
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH A BEST-IN-CLASS COMPANY THAT PUTS OUR CLIENT’S INTERESTS AT THE CENTER OF ALL WE DO. GET STARTED NOW!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit careers.northwesternmutual.com.