1.Responsible for supervising all kitchen employees in the absence of the Executive Chef. Trains, coaches, and mentors employees to maintain high standards of food quality, production and service.
2. Provides oversight of all hot and cold food for daily select menus which include special diets such as, puree, dysphagia mechanical, dysphagia advanced, low sodium, food allergies, calories control, and diabetic diets as required by state and departmental guidelines. Assist when necessary and provides direction in the production of food items such as stocks, soups, sauces, meats/fish, vegetables and starches for service, also assists in the preparation of cold foods when necessary.
3. Responsible for overseeing the preparation of hot and cold food made to order for all dining rooms, catered events, and room service meals in a timely manner.
4. Responsible for assuring food quality, proper temperatures and special diets are accurate. Any discrepancies must be corrected immediately before the meal is served to the guest.
5. Responsible for maintaining a daily production form that includes all food items produced during each meal period, all catered food served, and all leftover food, in accordance with departmental procedures.
6. Responsible for overseeing and making sure the Cooks are recording temperatures of food items before and during each meal period and correcting temperatures if inadequate in accordance with state, county, and departmental standards.
7. Responsible for overseeing the recording of temperatures of walk-ins, reach in coolers, and freezers at the beginning and ending of the shift according to state, county, and departmental standards.
8. Responsible for overseeing the proper rotation of food items in the refrigerated walk-ins, reach in coolers, freezers and dry storage areas as well as proper labeling and covering of all food items in accordance with state, county, and departmental standards.
9. Responsible for overseeing the proper thawing and cooling procedures of all food products according to state, county and departmental standards.
10. Assists with monthly planning/conducting in-service training for kitchen employees.
11. Responsible for proper upkeep and maintenance of all kitchen equipment. Ensures that all problems are reported to the Executive Chef immediately and the proper measures are taken to repair equipment in a timely manner.
12. Responsible for covering other stations due to employee sickness, vacations, and terminations if no cook is available.
13. Responsible for working with the Dining Services Manager and Dining Room Coordinators to create and maintain good communication and teamwork with the front of the house and back of the house.
14. Responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with monitoring, controlling, and computing time and attendance and maintaining proper documentation.
15. Attends and participates in staff and departmental supervisor meetings.
16. Responsible for overseeing and maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary kitchen including all refrigerated and dry storage areas. Responsible for maintaining accurate reporting of all sanitizing and all sanitizer and antimicrobial logs according to state, county, and departmental standards.
17. Employee must be able to work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes completing deadlines. Employee must at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with staff, colleagues, and supervisors
18. Conducts employee 30/60 day stay interviews and annual reviews providing feedback and coaching to employees to help them achieve their goals.
19. Assists with checking in and putting away any incoming food supply orders promptly and in accordance with state, county, and departmental standards. Responsible for all purchasing with the assistance of the Porter and making sure proper levels of product are on hand. Makes sure proper levels and rotation of emergency supplies are maintained according to state, county, and departmental standards.
20. Participates in Facility Emergency Plan training and fire drills; and if an emergency or disaster occurs, immediately assumes the pre-assigned emergency duties.
21. Responsible for the development of new menu items and recipes for skilled nursing and Assisted Living and updating the menu program.
22. Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Chef or the Director of Dining Services.
1. Minimum of two years formal culinary training program with degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a professional food service operation.
3. Food service background in large production food preparation, hospital or healthcare facility.
4. Knowledge of State and county regulations and kitchen sanitation procedures. ServSafe certified or the ability to obtain certification within six months of employment.
5. Dietary experience desired, but not required.
6. Must be able to demonstrate good communication skills, both written and verbal.
7. Must be organized, flexible, and work well under pressure.
8. Knowledge of the safe use of knives, all commercial kitchen equipment, commercial dish machines, cleaning/sanitizing equipment, rolling carts, computer/printer, fax, telephone, copier, and elevators.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48,000.00 per year
Paid time off
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.