Website Outagamie County
The Systems Analyst serves as liaison between IT and Health and Human Services; manages projects; trains staff; creates documentation; implements and assists in the maintenance of software in the Health and Human Services area; and is the primary contact for technical related requests from Health and Human Services to IT.
The following duties are most critical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Analyzes and evaluates user’s processes and procedures for efficiency; learns and understands user’s needs; requests enhancements to data systems, and recommends technology solutions.
- Provides leadership, data, and information for the creation of the department’s 3 year Information Technology Plan.
- Coordinates installation, implementation and training of staff on software packages.
- Tests and verifies requested program changes and provides necessary feedback.
- Writes and revises procedures manuals and training material. Documents necessary meetings.
- Assists users with problems or questions relating to computer hardware and software.
- Reviews available software packages and makes recommendations. Reviews new products, procedures, and methods of operation.
- Maintains electronic records; reviews data for accuracy and quality assurance; monitors data to assist in meeting federal, state and local performance standards.
- Develops, maintains and monitors interfaces to other systems.
- Coordinate IT projects with state and regional partners as required. Attends state and regional meetings as needed.
- Associates Degree in computer related field with three to five years of experience in computer systems
- Project coordination, system development, and strong communication abilities.
- Or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required or Preferred Skills
- Analyze software and design information flow; make recommendations as necessary.
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous improvement environment.
- Comprehend and interpret a variety of documents including letters and other correspondence, records, various internal and external reports, policy and procedure manuals, evaluations, logs, statements, etc.
- Prepare a variety of documents including general correspondence, reports, statistical reports, procedures, etc.
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong critical/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Problem solve issues between department and IT, and to resolve conflicts.
- Effectively interface with staff at all levels and train other staff as needed.
- Use and interpret computer related terminology and interpret department needs to programmers.
- May also require ability to make use of descriptive statistics.
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE COUNTY WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND ENCOURAGES BOTH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND INCUMBENTS TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL ACCOMMODATIONS WITH THE EMPLOYER.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.