Website City of Madison
Salary $51,166.18 – $58,019.52 AnnuallyJob Number 2023-00161
The City of Madison Metro Transit is looking to hire their next Maintenance Services Office Coordinator. The employee in this position is responsible for coordinating the provision of office and related administrative support activities for the maintenance managerial and supervisory staffs of the agency. The work involves exercising judgment and discretion relative to the interpretation and application of administrative and program policies and procedures, and the prioritizing of work. Supervision is received from the Transit Maintenance Manager and Chief Maintenance Officer and work is reviewed through conferences, reports and review of end products.
This position is required to work onsite.
The City of Madison is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan. We value diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Black, Indigenous, people of color, women, trans, nonbinary, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Employees may be eligible for loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Please attach a cover letter in the Attachments section of the application. In your cover letter please highlight the following:
- Describe your experience and competency with Microsoft Office programs; and include a project you are most proud of which used Excel. Describe your role in the project and with specifics about the functions of Excel that you used.
- Describe how you handle confidential information, how you store confidential files, and the best practices you have used when on a confidential phone call or having a conversation.
**Failure to submit the cover letter with your application will result in immediate elimination from the recruitment process.**
- Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative Support
- Data entry into spreadsheets and form letters as needed.
- Greet/Interact with employees in-person or over the phone.
- Research databases and spreadsheets to answer employee questions.
- Accept, process and/or re-direct requests for information.
- Respond to a variety of in person, email and over the telephone inquiries/requests to provide or obtain information, retrieve filed material, research data, make appropriate referrals, explain routine department and City procedures, and receive or relay messages in the Maintenance Unit.
- Post maintenance and Metro related notices in appropriate areas for employees
- Manage footwear reimbursement submittals and spreadsheet.
- Perform necessary maintenance reporting for Metro Finance.
- Perform scheduling for disciplinary and investigatory meetings for the Maintenance Unit.
- Print and distribute attendance violation letters.
- Maintain the maintenance discipline database.
- Assist other City management, groups, committees with administrative duties
Maintenance Unit Support
- Support Maintenance Manager(s) and the Chief Maintenance Officer in providing oversight with regard to ongoing office work dynamic, sharing observations on unit morale, procedural irregularities or inefficiencies within the department.
- Support Maintenance Manager(s) and Chief Maintenance Officer via involvement in special projects/assignments.
- Proactive involvement in maintaining internal procedures, including revisions and additions pursuant to discussion with maintenance management and Metro HR.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Training and Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience as an office manager or administrative support.
- Associate’s Degree
- One (1) year of experience as an office manager or administrative support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
If an applicant does not possess the experience listed above, HR will review the application materials to determine if the applicant possesses the following equivalent experience:
Two (2) years experience in applying the following:
- Office and general business practices.
- English composition, correct punctuation, spelling, grammatical usage and acceptable business letter and report formats.
- Basic business math.
- Preparing finished letters, memos, and reports from rough drafts, outline or original composition.
- Carrying out administrative details efficiently and independently.
- Computer program usage relevant to the job
The City of Madison strives to provide exceptional customer service to all its residents and visitors. Therefore, successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to effectively work with multicultural communities.
For a complete list of the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities, please see the class specification.
- Special Requirements
- Able to meet transportation needs of the position.
- Work is performed in an office environment using standard office equipment such as a computer, copier, telephone, etc.
- Madison, City of (WI)
215 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd.
MMB Rm 261
MADISON, Wisconsin, 53703
- (608) 266-4615
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.