Website Carroll University
- Demonstrate proper and effective cleaning methods in accordance with the quality control checklist
- Clean, sweep, vacuum, mop, scrub and wax floors, stairs and other surfaces
- Clean and service lavatories and shower room facilities
- Use light and heavy duty cleaning equipment and attachments
- Report items and equipment that needs repair (doors, furniture, lights, and faucets, etc.)
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations, opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Educational and/or Experience
- High school graduate (diploma/GED) required
- Knowledge of proper use and disposal of hazardous chemicals and products
- Knowledge of bodily fluid cleanup and proper protection
- Knowledge of all floor types, such as wood, vinyl and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves and backings
- Three years of experience in a related field preferred
Human Relations Skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize work in a consistently changing environment.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees, staff, and faculty and campus visitors.
- Follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required.
- Considerable physical activity is required. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is primary part (more than 70%) of job.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work in all types of weather and temperatures both indoors (temperature variation in campus buildings) and outdoors (precipitation and various temperatures).
- Frequent and repetitive bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling are required.
- Use proper lifting (up to 15 pounds) and safety techniques while climbing ladders.
- Shift changes and/or weekend work may be required by your supervisor based on departmental and University needs
- Valid motor vehicle license and be insurable under the University’s insurance plan preferred
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position along with this electronic application.
Carroll University makes employment opportunities available to qualified individuals whose skills and experience make them suitable candidates for placement. Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff.
The employment opportunities list is updated periodically based on openings. Applications will be accepted only for vacancies currently listed. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.