Website Hewlett Packard Enterprise
|Primary Location:||Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
HPE PointNext Services is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for a position as a Technology Consultant to join our Global Integration Center group in Chippewa Falls, WI. This is a full-time position with hours likely to be 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday, but will participate in occasional after-hours / on call coverage to include weekends and holidays.
This position will:
• Be based in Chippewa Falls, WI
• Some overnight travel is anticipated and will be driven by the needs of the business.
• Require participation in after-hours, weekend, and holiday coverage at times
In this role, you will provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams, including a range of technical pre- and post-sales or service delivery support Factory Express Solutions. You will be responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and; consequently, for understanding customers’ business. As the customers’ trusted advisor, you will create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to ensure customer satisfaction.
In addition, you will maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge, and actively contribute to the company’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. You will shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers.
The Technology Consultant provides technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. The Manager is responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers’ businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to insure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the company’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Contribute to organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Understands a broad spectrum of the company’s technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
- Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program; assisting in the preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
- Understands the company strategy and the role that the individual plays.
- Uses knowledge tools and re- uses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
- Uses and contributes to technical forums within the company environment and local professional communities and technical user groups.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 – 5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the implementation of a specific deliverable.
- Able to contribute to the design for deliverables.
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on individual products.
- Able to communicate broad and specific concepts with team and to peers.
- Able to produce documentation for use by team and customer.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
Tweets by HPE_Careers
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.