April 17, 2014 – Madison, WI –The second year of the Fierce! International Queer Burlesque Festival
will bring a bevy of beautiful burlesque performers – men and women – to “Madtown.” The festival producer, burlesque performer Viva Valezz
!, will tell you that her goal is to attract burlesque stars worldwide to small towns across the country to celebrate queer burlesque. This year the festival has its sights on the friendly shores and lively streets of Madison, Wisconsin on July 24-27. It will truly be a relentless celebration of gay culture.
Though it may have its focus on the GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, also referred to as “queer”) community, the Fierce! International Queer Burlesque Festival is intended to be celebrated by everyone – honoring the best of burlesque, highlighting the talents of queer performers and their allies. The festival will be a celebration of the creativity, talent, and passion of queer performers and their community of fans, supporters and loved ones.
Local burlesque starlet Kitty LaRue says, “We are thrilled to bring the talent and culture of Fierce! to Madison, and we are looking forward to involving as much of the local community as possible.”
LaRue, along with her sidekick Moxie Rhodes, both members of Madison burlesque troupe the Peach Pies Caburlesque, are this year’s local Fierce! hostesses. These hard-working ladies are engaging many friends from Madison’s performance community to participate in the festival.
Fierce! will include four days and nights of burlesque festivities at Madison hot spots:
- Thursday, July 24 “Fierce! Kick-Off Party,” Plan B at 924 Williamson Street, 9pm door / 10pm show, burlesque and variety show featuring local emcee Cass Marie
- Friday, July 25 “Fierce! All-Star Showcase” and vending exhibits, the Majestic Theater at 115 King Street, 8pm door / 9pm show featuring headliner voted “Most Dazzling Dancer” at the 2013 Burlesque Hall of Fame competition – Sweetpea from Minneapolis, and also featuring emcee “Wisconsin’s King of Camp,” Kaiser Colonic
- Saturday, July 26 burlesque classes by Fierce! instructors, locations and times to be announced at www.fiercequeerburlesque.com
- Saturday, July 26 “Fierce! All-Star Showcase” and vending exhibits, FIVE Nightclub at 15 Applegate Court, 9pm door / 10pm show featuring headliner voted “Most Comedic” at the 2013 Burlesque Hall of Fame competition – Mr. Gorgeous from NYC, and also featuring famous burlesque celebrity emcee “the Godfather of Boylesque,” Tigger! from NYC
- Sunday, July 27 “Fierce! Brunch,” Shamrock Bar & Grille at 17 W. Main, 12pm door / 1pm burlesque and variety show featuring special guests Madison’s Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
Tickets for Fierce! will be sold for each event or as a weekend package. Ticket sales information will be announced soon. Fierce! is also currently looking for sponsors and partners of various levels of participation, and GLBT and burlesque businesses to vend their products and services. An exhibitor form can be found at www.fiercequeerburlesque.com
. For additional questions about this groundbreaking event, contact Viva Valezz! email@example.com
About Viva Valezz!: Burlesque performer, producer, and instructor, Valezz! has been performing the art form in the Midwest since 2007. Her credits include being voted 2010 “Columbus’ Favorite Burlesque Performer,” and taking home a pair of “Golden Pasties” from the 2010 New York Burlesque Festival. She has performed in large cities including Chicago, Boston, New York, San Francisco and more, and of course has performed everywhere in her beloved Buckeye State. As her most significant achievement, Valezz! is the creator and producer of the “Fierce! International Queer Burlesque Festival,” born in 2013. For booking, contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org